Badges are used to unlock secret classes for Non-Story Characters.
The badge is consumed when used (i.e. one badge unlocks one class for one character). To use the badge, go to the class change screen. Attempt to change class to the badge class and the game will ask you if you want to use the badge.
A character may have more than one secret class unlocked.
Each secret class has class prerequisites that must be learned before the secret class can be unlocked. In the case of Lord and Princess, there are also gender requirements (male and female, respectively).
|Lunar Crest||Werewolf||Ekhinda Falls||1x Energized Crystal, 1x Mycoleather|
|Blood Crest||Vampire||Restful Stones||1x Dormant Crystal, 2x Dragonsblood Sap|
|Phylactery||Lich||Phougamouth Bogs||1x Dark Core, 1x Cold Iron|
|Lord Crest||Lord||None||1x Coronal Plume, 1x Energized Crystal|
|Princess Crest||Princess||None||1x Coronal Plume, 1x Angel Tears|
|Bone Crest||Vessel||Iirzk'tara Gorge||1x Meteorite, 1x Dark Core|
Badges can be acquired in the following ways:
- Guaranteed spawns in specific chests. These are always in the same place every game.
- Craft a badge from components (see table above).
- Dropped during an encounter. This is uncommon.
Coronal Plume Locations
Unlike the other Badges, the Lord Crest and Princess Crest do not have a guaranteed drop. Instead, their component Coronal Plume has a guaranteed drop at certain locations. This is so that you can choose whether to use the Coronal Plume to make a Lord Crest or Princess Crest. Both Crests still have a small chance to randomly drop from enemies.
Coronal Plumes are guaranteed in the following locations:
- A story mission in Gelligh (near the middle-to-end of the game)
- A prize for winning the second Tournament
- A reward as part of the Obelisk puzzle
- A story mission in Decaying Depths